Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Wash Day: Conditioner as a Leave-in Moisturizer?

Here's what I did to my hair today:
1. shampoo'd with Herbal Essences Color Me Happy
2. Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor
3. Quick condition with Herbal Essences Color me Happy Conditioner (HECMH)
4. Moisturize soaking wet hair with some HECHM (focusing on ends and avoiding scalp)

I'm almost fully air dried and my hair feels extremely soft and moisturized, not to mention it smells soo good. I really hope there are no adverse effects from doing this because my hair is loving it.

As for my hair, I am 10 weeks post and I see about an inch of new growth, give and take all over my head. Average growth but I'll take it! and it seems like I'm retaining because my hair is also starting to look a bit longer, or it could just be my imagination :P anyway, I'm happy with my hair's length. Ever since I reached BSL I haven't felt self-conscious about my hair, even in shrunken styles. I praise God for letting me reach this huge milestone, and he knows it was not easy.

Now that my hair is almost hair dried its drying BIG :D new growth for the win <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...