Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Thursday 19 May 2011

Work/School Hair

As some of you may know, I recently started a summer internship. Well so far it is not exactly what I expected -- there was barely any training/orientation; I got started on work right away. I work alone most of the day, which I don't mind....and I have my own office. But I'm so used to my boss literally holding my hand through everything like in my old job. Definitely going to take some adjusting

So far I've been wearing my hair flat ironed straight for the interview and first couple shifts, but I'm going back to protective styling -- buns:

Add caption






I really like the sleek and simple type of updo's like pictured above. Pics from Essence Photo Gallery: http://photos.essence.com/galleries/bun_for_every_face_shape

I'm also in summer school (3 hour lectures are no joke..) so I like to wear my hair up for the comfort factor.

Anyway, tonight I gave my hair some **much needed** moisture...omg..after back to back flat ironing my hair was parched...so I co-washed with Herbal Essences Color Me Happy condish and then applied Vatika oil. Tied a satin scarf and bonnet and now off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. 3 hours in class is nooo fun! I'm taking summer classes too... good luck on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!!You did it!
    www.chinabestwigs.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...