Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Honeyfig Store + I Miss My Hair :(

Today I went to the Honeyfig store here in Toronto. It carries all types of natural hair products like Kinky Curly, Carols Daughter, Miss Jessies, Jane Carter, Darcy's Botanicals, Tropic Isle, Curl Junkie etc etc etc. One thing I like about the store is that they are always available to help and give advice (not that I need advice lol, I always do my research beforehand). As a product junkie, I felt a sense of euphoria LOL. Living in Canada, it's really hard to find raved-about products so I'm glad I can get them here as opposed to getting stuff online.

Anyway, a lady walked into the store looking for grease. The sales associate told her grease is bad because it contains petroleum and mineral oil etc; and she also talked about how sulfates are bad because they strip your hair of moisture etc. I'm glad Honeyfig people educate women on better hair care practices :) warms my heart a little.

Ok so the sales associate that was helping me has been natural for 2.5 years (her hair looked full APL) and she recommended good products for transitioning hair: Jessicurl's weekly deep treatment and Darcy Botanicals coconut lemongrass transitioning cream. She also recommenced the Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme for me. I ended up buying a sample -- it smells SOO good. There is only 2oz in the jar and it was $12...that's NUTS. They ship from the states and the overhead cost gets passed on to the consumer which is understandable...but still I couldn't resist. My no-buy goal for June is technically failed, but I don't feel bad because it is only a sample

Speaking of cornrows...I MISS MY HAIR!! I miss washing it and applying conditioner and moisturizing and sealing. I miss being able to throw it up in a messy bun. Hopefully all this wigging pays off and I'm full without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt MBL by the end of summer. The only thing that sucks is I can't use it until I take out my cornrows. But I'll try it out on my leave-out in the mean time.

Oh back to the baby buttercreme...the girl who cashed me out looked familiar. It turns out I'm subscribed to her on youtube and we have the same name lol. Isn't that crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...