Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Small Setback

Ok so my last post was talking about how I miss my hair so I decided to take down my cornrows last night. They have been in for a few days shy of 2 weeks. They were extremely loose from all the co-washing and DCing so my braids felt like they were starting to matt and tangle. Last night I was tired and impatient which was probably a big mistake to touch my hair. Anyway, on one of the braids I was having some trouble removing the tiny elastic I secured the ends with...well after some poking and prodding with the tip of a rat tail comb and scissors, the elastic came out..........and so did about an inch of my hair SMH. Also, after detandling I found a small knot that was NOT budging...it felt extremely hard and nothing was working to loosen it. So I ended up cutting it:


 For reference, this is how long the rest of my hair is in that section:


What I learned: Don't touch my hair when I'm tired and impatient. I will continue protective styling for the summer paying attention to the areas that broke. But I probably won't be cornrowing under my halfwigs any time soon (although I did notice good length retention in the short time I had them in). Instead I'll just do regular braids/plaits under my halfwigs.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, sorry boo! At least it is just a small little area. Lesson learned! I'm not currently cornrowed under my halfwig either but I'm about to go back...we'll see. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Please be super careful with taking down your cornrows ECP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog! I just had a similar set-back only it's right above my left ear-and I'm so upset! What are you doing to nurse this section back to health?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm planning to focus on the section during my scalp massages. And pay extra attention to that area while moisturizing and sealing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...