Regimen + Goals
My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.
I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.
Thursday, 23 June 2011
Wash Day [June 23]
Here's how today's wash looked like:
1) Shampooed with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo (I really like it so far). Also applied some HE CMH shampoo to the front of my hair (using a sulfate shampoo on my hairline helps keep breakouts under control)
2) DC'd with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment. This stuff has awesome slip. I like the consistency too (thick but still easily spreadable). What I liked the most about applying this DC is that the product really absorbed into my hair. I used a lot (almost a quarter of the bottle in one session) but after applying it, I could barely see the conditioner in my hair. I could feel it, but it turned invisible. Like it was melting into my hair. Cool :)
3) Applied growth aid to scalp, and Fantasia IC gel to edges. Now air drying with a satin scarf. I didn't use a leave-in or moisturizer yet -- I'll put some on in the morning when my hair is almost fully dry. I dunno if it was the CON conditioner or the fact that I did a long DC session with heat for the first time in forever -- but my hair feels extremely soft ♥
* I'm keeping combing to a minimum
* I left the DC on for a couple hours, and using a heating cap for most of the session.
* I'm officially 7 weeks post relaxer as of today :)
* I might just revisit S-Curl. That stuff gave me a lot of moisture back in the day. In the meantime, Donna Marie Super Buttercreme, Giovanni direct leave-in and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie are on my wish list.