Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Friday 29 July 2011

Hair Wash/Condition Day

Here's how today's wash day is going to go...1) Cleanse with Hair One
2) Condition with Tresemme Naturals
3) Leave-in: Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Restructurizer
4) Air dry with a satin scarf for a little while
5) Moisturize with anything I have available...not sure what I'm gonna use yet

Thoughts:
The no-poo thing is going well so far. My hair feels really moisturized. I'm heavy handed with products and as a result my hair is really weighed down and my scalp has the occasional itchies. But I don't mind since I protective style anyway.

Random Review: 
I got a sample of Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. I've wanted to try this product for the longest. It's basically a hair product made with different butters, oils and vitamins. Overall my first impression is that I don't like it. It gives a nice shine but I applied it to my flat ironed hair at night, hoping it would soak in overnight and leave me with shiny, bouncy, moisturized hair. And it didn't :( it made my hair really greasy and weighed down. I'm also not too fond of the smell. So I won't be purchasing the full-size jar. Maybe this product would work better on braidouts/twistouts, but I already have a sample of Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade for that (which will likely be repurchased, just a matter of when lol).

1 comment:

  1. I really liked JC N&S back in the day when it first came out, loved the smell and it really did give me incredible shine after getting a rollerwrap (aka Doobie) at the Dominican salon. However, I would gladly cut off a finger before I consistently paid that outrageous price again! SN: you are so pretty! I had a "picture" in my head of what you looked like, have no idea where it came from but I actually made you look MUCH younger in my head than you actually are I think! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...