Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Little update on my hair + Ramblings

One of my blog friends pointed out that she thinks I'm MBL already :) I'll probably officially claim it by my next relaxer, when more of my layers reach it.

Lately I've been wearing halfwigs or bunning during the day. At night I'm pretty good about wearing my scarf and/or bonnet. I'm also good with moisturizing and/or oiling my ends daily.

2 Nights ago I decided to wash my hair upside down in the tub...WHYY?! lol I have no idea. But now it's sort of in a tangled mess.

For the rest of summer I plan to protective style with buns and halfwigs. Boring, but last year when I did this I received the most growth/retention since starting my hair journey. So I'm sticking to what works.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna do my hair when school starts. I do know I will leave it out more.

I think I'll be pretty good about keeping my hair purchases under control. I've diverted my attention (and extra income) to nail polish, clothing and makeup. 

Waist length hurry please? Thanks in advance :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL @ diverting the spending from one addiction to another! (I do that too!)

    I agree, though, that you are pretty much at MBL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hallelujah hand* @ MBL! *does praise dance* LOL. Can't wait til I can even think about your length. Hope to be there by the end of next year. We'll be crossing our fingers for length together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL KayTee you crack me up...APL then BSL will come before you know it. Especially now that you've started the modified Hairdrenaline potion.

    Shika...lol you're making me really happy right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've become addicted to nail polish lately! You're pretty much MBL. Can't wait to be your length! And I love your thickness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My current addiction includes clothes from Giti and H&M.

    Alas, I am graduate student with loans. But that doesn't stop me dreaming about shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...