Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Monday 18 July 2011

Relaxer Update: I'm Claiming MBL

I self-relaxed my hair last night. The process went smoothly (pun intended) and my new growth is processed exactly the way I like it. I'm claiming midback length!!!

I just finished flat ironing it as of a few minutes ago, here are some pics:



Products used after washing: Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Reconstructurizer (leave-in) and CHI Silk Infusion (serum/heat protectant)





I'm really excited because I'm getting closer to waist length. I relaxed at 10 weeks post so I wasn't expecting a huge difference from my relaxer in May, but I do notice more length! Hard work and protective styling pays off!!

Every stretch I learn a new lesson about my hair. This time I learned not to touch my hair if I'm tired/annoyed/rushed etc;. Which is kinda common sense but unfortunately I learned the hard way. So hopefully others can learn from my mistake and avoid a setback in their own hair journeys.

So yeah, I'm claiming MBL! I'm really happy and thankful for the health of my hair and it's length progress. It's been a rewarding journey so far, and I'm excited to see what's in store for the future :)

16 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE IT!!!! It looks really pretty, shiny, healthy and LONGGGGGGGGGG! Congrats on making MBL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and keep up all the good work! I love Aphogee products. I use most of their products but for sure the green tea & keratin reconstructor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You're hair looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! Congrats on making MBL! I can't wait until I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so great! I can't wait until you're waist length! It's so shiny and dark! You can definitely see an improvement between neck length in 2007 to now! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with AIREEN/MAU; your hair looks fantastic! Congrats on reaching MBL, you've made (and will continue making) so much progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks great!!!! You did a great job at self relaxing. Congrats on reaching MBL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making MBL! Your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get there....damn you setback!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your journey is so inspirational! I hope to be the same length by November....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is super fly! Wow. That's all I can say Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...