Regimen + Goals

My Hair Regimen: I moisturize and/or oil my hair daily. As needed (usually weekly) I cleanse my hair and scalp with a moisturizing shampoo (or a clarifying one if there's build up). I do a moisturizing OR protein treatment with every shampoo. I stretch my relaxers 3-4 months.

My go-to protective/low manipulation styles: buns, braid-outs and halfwigs. In 2012 I want to start experimenting with more heat-free styles. I air dry most of the time and flat iron for length checks only.

I'm currently midback length (MBL) and actively working towards reaching waist length by my graduation in mid-2012.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Washed My Hair

My scalp was torturing me. It was so itchy because I put vaseline on it a couple days ago to help build scalp protection for the relaxer process. I was even scratching my scalp during the night, yeah it was that bad. So I washed my hair. Used a sulfate shampoo (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo and conditioner) and a moisturizing conditioner (Aussie 3 Minute Miracle).

I tried finger detangling while the conditioner was sitting in my hair for 3 minutes. This step helped the comb glide through easier as I was rinsing and detangling (simultaneously) with my wide tooth comb. So now I'm air drying.

This means my relaxer is delayed until my scalp recovers from all the scratching I did, and the sulfate shampoo that probably stripped my hair's natural oils.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are cautious enough about the health of your scalp to withhold your touch-up. Many people do the exact opposite and hope the relaxer will somehow heal their scalp issues! (I was one of those people because my mother would always tell me it was "time for a touch up" whenever my scalp would itch and flake...thank God i'm on my HJ now lol!)

    I also wanted to let you know that I responded to the generous comment you left recently on my blog...thanks a lot! i love your hair & your posts on your hair journey! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...